ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Move Computer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

User's profile lost

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onikolov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: User's profile lost
    Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 4:44pm
Hi,
I used the wizard mode to try to move user's profile, but I did it on the same computer and when I logged on with user's credentials all user's data were lost, disappeared. I have got a nclean new profile based on the Default. Where old data files were gone? I need to restore old profile.
BR,
Ognyan
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 3:47am

We have different products that do different jobs.

To move a profile to another machine you should use our “Move Computer” User Profile Transfer Wizard. User Profile Wizard 3.0 is our domain migration tool.

User Profile Wizard 3.0 assigns an existing user profile to a different user account. The data has not been lost: it will still be in the original profile folder. User Profile Wizard does not delete, move or copy data in any way.

To recover the data you simply need to assign the profile back to the original user account. Run the User Profile Wizard 3.0 again, enter the original user name on the User Account Information page and select the original profile on the Select a User Profile page. If the profile is not listed, check the “Show Unassigned Profiles” check box. Reboot the machine.

For more details please see the “Migrating user Profiles” chapter of the User Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic