ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Move Computer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

XP to Win 7

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jlftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XP to Win 7
    Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 7:44pm
Can this be done with any of the free applications the website offers?
I want to move a profile from an XP Pro to a Win 7 box same domain.
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 4:04am
Hi,

Yes, you can: you can use the Transfer Wizard.

Please note that this is an early beta. We are readying a major beta 2 upgrade for release in the next few of weeks.
jlftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jlftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 7:29am
Thank you support. These APPS ARE AMAZING!
data View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote data Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 8:25am
Hi - I am about to replace a bunch of PCs (WIN/XPPro) within a SBS2003 Domain to new PCS running WIn7Pro, so I would like to hear from your experience if you would like to share with me....  I have been using this same product for quite sometime, replacing PCs using WIN/XPP to WIN/XPP - works quite well 95% of the time.

As I know WIN7 the structure (folder name) is a bit different, such as no more 'Document & Settings folder, now called USers'.... etc.  So did you find the migration works just fine from XP to W7, and are you joining the same DOMAIN user when switching the O/S?

Your feedback is much appreciated.

Data
data View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote data Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 8:29am
Do you know when will the next Beta be available?

I am about the replace new PCs currently running WIN/XPP within a MS-SBS2003 DOmain server environment.

I need to migrate their E-mail (MS-Outlook and some OL Express), document folders, desktop, printers etc etc.

I have been using your product migrating from WINXPP to WINXPP when replacing PCs - works just wonderful, will this be the same for WIN/XPP to W7?  Is there anything extra I woudl need to watch for or patch things up manually?

Your help to this matter is greatly appreciated, and I have recomended yoru product to many other I.T. professional too!

Thanks!

Andy (Data)
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 9:42am
Hi Andy,

Beta 2 was released on Monday! The announcement is here. Beta 2 has been developed specifically with XP to W7 in mind. You can download it here.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic