ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Desktop Management
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UPM 2.0 Silent Install

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avandersteen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UPM 2.0 Silent Install
    Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 8:01pm
Hello, we use User Profile Manager in our labs at the college where I work, and our project for this summer has been to make re-imaging these labs automated to the point where it's zero touch. Now we've got the User Profile Manager set up for silent install through the registry as detailed in the user guide, however when the computer reboots, there is still a popup saying "thank you for licensing" that you have to click in order to proceed to the rest of the windows startup. Is there any way to supress this pop-up window?
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 2:11am
Hi,

The latest build of User Profile Manager (2.0.1026) added an additional registry value to enable silent installs. Details are in the latest User Guide. See point 5 under "Automating License Activation"
avandersteen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avandersteen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 7:31am
Hi,  I have that registry key entered.  I double checked it just now for case sensitivity, and accuracy, and it appears to be exactly the same as the screenshot in the User Guide.  Unless I'm missing something, you are referring to the "Silent(DWORD) = 1"  key, which I have entered.  Any other suggestions?
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 7:47am
What version of Windows are you using?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avandersteen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 7:48am
This is in Windows XP, Service pack 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avandersteen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 8:17am
I just noticed that we have version 2.0.1025 installed in our image.  Could this be the issue?
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 8:49am
Yes, the "Silent" value was only added with 1026. (The other registry values were added earlier.)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic