ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Desktop Management
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

defprof - user error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azaghul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: defprof - user error
    Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 12:52am
Hi,

I'm fairly sure I'm using defprof correctly, but if I was I wouldn't be here. I must be having a blonde moment.Tongue

I've customised a new user profile (built-in Admin in Audit Mode), added utils, customised the desktop, etc., in preparation to sysprep.

I've used "defprof Administrator" from both within the built-in Admin account, and a "setup" account (with admin rights). Sysprep'd and rebooted. The default user profile copies correctly to the new user with the exception of the wallpaper (changes to a solid black background), desktop gadgets and regional settings (date format).

My reading of the forum seems to indicate that these changes should be carried over to the new user...

Any assistance appreciated.

Cheers,
Dave

ps: before you say it... yes, Australian's seem to have forgotten how to play cricket Clap

Edited by azaghul - 03 Jan 2011 at 11:38am
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 12:23pm

Hi Dave,

The problem with the desktop gadgets should be resolved by the latest version of DefProf. Please see this thread.

To fix the wallpaper, set the profile to use a wallpaper at a location outside the profile folder. (This is something we are still looking at.)

azaghul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azaghul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 1:05am
Hi,

I'm using defprof v1.1 downloaded at the weekend. I can confirm the gadgets copy across, but am unsure if they are meant to auto start with the profile or need to be manually started?

Are the regional date, time, currency formats meant to be copied over?

As a work around for the wallpaper, I've got it copied across by settings in unattend.xml.

Thank the developers for a great little app!

Cheers,
Dave
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 10:45am

Hi,

A new build of Defprof – version 1.2 - is available here. The new version provides a workaround for the “black desktop background problem” as well as supporting the setting up of custom themes. There are also big improvements  to the way that Defprof handles user specific security settings.

Regional data, time and currency formats are copied over, as are the position and settings for desktop gadgets.

Please give it a try!

Edited by Support - 09 Jan 2011 at 10:48am
jzola View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jzola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 9:55am
Hello!

After I used Defprof 1.2,I created a new user and his background color set to grey.

I'm sure the default user has no wallpaper, and bg color is black.

Default user ntuser.dat:
Control Panel/Colors/Background 0 0 0

test user ntuser.dat:
Control Panel/Colors/Background 220 220 220

What do you think?

Z.
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 1:40pm
Hi,

Is this on Windows 7 or XP?

What is the value of the "Wallpaper" value under the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop registry key?

Thanks.
jzola View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jzola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 2:55pm
Sorry i forget it. Windows 7 (64 bit)

"Wallpaper" value is empty.
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 4:18am
Do you know what the "Wallpaper" value was on the profile you used to create the default profile?
jzola View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jzola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 5:12am
also no value.
jzola View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jzola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 7:25am
I tried defprof with clean win7 install and works ok, no grey wallpaper instead black.
So one of program that i installed previously cause this.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic