ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Desktop Management
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Defprof Error 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowfia05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Defprof Error 2
    Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 10:36am
Defprof has been working fine, but recently it gives an error:

Cannot copy C:\\users\administrator\oads. Error 2 System cannot find the file specified.

I am trying to copy the administrative profile. We have multiple machines that were previously imaged and this action was successful. Now when we image a computer and run defprof we get this error each time, but cannot figure out what may have caused this. We have also used the newest defprof utility, and get a message that reads to logoff the administrator profile and use another profile to run defprof. We do this and its works. Just wondering if anyone knows what causes this and if there is a fix? We are still able to use the utility, just not as we previously could.

Thanks for any help?

Sophia
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2011 at 5:43am

Hi Sophia,

We have added additional features to DefProf as time has gone by - which may be why you are seeing an error when you didn't before. Partly as a result of that, and in light of our own testing and feedback from customers, we found that DefProf is more reliable when the target profile is not in use.

kelvinchill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelvinchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 12:01pm
Hi I got this error, the problem was I had set
My Documents\Music\Videos to a different location (server)
adding the folders back into the Administrator profile resolved this
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic