FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Error 1722

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error 1722
    Posted: 19 Jul 2007 at 9:26pm
When you ran the Wizard it migrated the profile before trying to join the domain. If you then logged on again with the original user account, Windows will have created a new profile. To migrate the original profile select "Show Unassigned Profiles" on the "Select a User Profile Page" and choose the profile.
aristaken View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aristaken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2007 at 8:55pm
Hi
OK i fixed my dns and netbois and lmhost files.
I was even able to get through a user profile wizard up until it tried to join the domain.  the error said I had to many open sessions with the server so I closed everything and tried again.  This time the profile I wanted to use is not listed the way it was the first time.  now it had a bunch of numbers infront of it.

so now what?

I like this utility but I can't see buying it for the rest of my conversion if I can't get it to work for one user.

Arista Ken
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2007 at 9:49am
Your network is not optimally configured. The fact that the DC is unable to return a name in DNS format underlines this. Have you added a "Forwarders" entry for your new domain on your existing DNS server as stated in the "Troubleshooting" chapter of the User Guide? If you haven't you will have problems.

The fact that you can ping your DC is irrelevant here: the Wizard has already found the DC. The RPC subsystem on the workstation separately needs to locate the DC and negotiate a connection. When you specify a the domain name in NetBIOS format, RPC cannot find a DC to bind to. When you specify the domain name DNS format, the bind request can be routed but the DC cannot resolve the UPN user name.

aristaken View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aristaken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2007 at 11:15pm
ok now more to this question
What is the proper syntax for this operation the help files are not overly clear.  I tried this two different ways and get two different errors.

below are the two diferent way I tried this.

Finding Domain Controller for domain ARISTAgroup... Done.
Using Domain Controller: \\dc1.Aristagroup.local.
Binding to Active Directory...Fails.
Error 1722.

Finding Domain Controller for domain ARISTAgroup.local... Done.
Using Domain Controller: \\DC1.
WARNING: DC cannot return DNS names.
Binding to Active Directory... Done.
Getting Domain SID for user "kenb@aristagroup.local"... Fails.
Arista Ken
aristaken View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aristaken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2007 at 10:55pm
I have my dns from both domains working (i.e. I can ping by name into both domains)  I still get the RPC server is unavaliable Error or an Unable to bind to domain.local.

Now what?
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2007 at 7:55pm
Hi,

Error 1722 is a Windows error meaning "The RPC server is unavailable." Please refer to the "Troubleshooting" chapter of the User Guide.
aristaken View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aristaken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2007 at 6:50pm
I am tring to migrate profiles on a nt4 domain to a new 2003 AD domain I keep getting an error message of

Finding Domain Controller for domain ARISTAgroup... Done.
Using Domain Controller: \\dc1.Aristagroup.local.
Binding to Active Directory...Fails.
Error 1722.

What am i doing wrong?
Thanks
Arista Ken
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic