ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Server 2003 STD to SBS2011 New hardware.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Treeby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treeby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Server 2003 STD to SBS2011 New hardware.
    Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 12:28am
Originally posted by Harringtone Harringtone wrote:

It is required to disconnect from the old domain for Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials. It won't let you connect a PC joined to a different domain.

Oh right, well I guess that makes sense. Thanks.
Harringtone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harringtone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2015 at 8:11pm
It is required to disconnect from the old domain for Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials. It won't let you connect a PC joined to a different domain.
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 2:53am
We don't think so.
haident View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 12:19pm
Is it necessary to remove the PCs from the old domain before running http://servername/connect to put them in the new domain?
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 3:26am
Any version of User Profile Wizard can do this. Remember that the Personal Edition does not have the features of the Professional Edition. 

Thanks.

Edited by Support - 13 Dec 2012 at 7:14am
Edgar242 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edgar242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 3:33pm
What version of User Profile Wizard I need to use to complete this same preccess? Can I use the Personal edition, or do I need the profecional edition?
jasgot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasgot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 3:45pm
Thanks.
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 2:32pm
Yes you can.
jasgot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasgot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 2:22pm
But I CAN do it from the server, yes?  I'm working remotely on the server now, and I thought I would do it there rather than from a workstation when I arrive on site.
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 2:05pm
Hi Jason,

This is the procedure we recommend. Please note that you do not have to install User Profile Wizard on the new server: you can install it on any PC in order to create the config file.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic