ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Profile Wizard Stalled at Setting Profile ACL...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Profile Wizard Stalled at Setting Profile ACL...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samdaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Profile Wizard Stalled at Setting Profile ACL...
    Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 9:16am
I am new to this software,  I had one successful transfer using the free profwiz,  but when I go to try and transfer another Windows 7 Pro 64bit machine from one domain to another,  it just stalls at Setting Profile ACL... and it has been there for over an hour.

This is what the migration text looks like so far.  Any help as to why it is stalling would be wonderful!!

Thanks,

Sam

ForensiT User Profile Wizard v3.5.1160
Personal Edition (Single User License)
Copyright (c) 2002-2011 ForensiT Ltd
www.ForensiT.com
Finding Domain Controller for domain XDOM... Done.
Using Domain Controller: \\DC01-XDOM.
Binding to Active Directory... Done.
Getting FQDN for user "Username"...  Done.
Getting Domain SID... Done.
SID is S-1-5-21-1466226897-4256999883-2271334908-1210
Checking for roaming profile...Done.
No roaming profile path set.
Setting Registry ACLs... Done.
Set Registry ACLs in 10.171 seconds.
Setting Profile ACL...
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 10:03am
Hi Sam,
It shouldn't take that long. Unless the profile is exceptionally complex, the process shouldn't take much more than a minute.
Something has gone wrong - may be there is a corrupted file in the profile or something. Unfortunately there is not much you can do other than restart the machine and try again. Remember that the profile may have been left in a state where it is not assigned, so you should try to run User Profile Wizard again and assign it.

Robbo666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 10:13pm
I'm afraid I have the same problem. I was trying to do something easy - just migrating the profile of one user account to another on the same Windows 10 PC.

It stalled, with the following message:

ForensiT User Profile Wizard v3.10.1211
Personal Edition (Freeware License)
Copyright (c) 2002-2015 ForensiT Ltd
www.ForensiT.com

Processing Windows Store Apps... Done.
Setting Registry ACLs... Done.
Set Registry ACLs in 2.976 seconds.
Setting Profile ACL...

So, I cancelled it. Now, however, I cannot login to the source user account. It takes my password, then screen goes dark and I'm back to the lock screen. At the stage where it stalled, is there an easy fix to be able to login again? I can login to the target user account still. I know I can go back to my restore point, but I have been fooling around on the target user account, and now I'd hate to wipe away what I've done there today.

Thanks for any insight.
Rob
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 3:55am
Hi Rob,

The best way forward here is to sign-in as another account and migrate the profile again - either to the new account, or back to the original user account. If the profile does not show up in the list of profiles, tick the "Show Unassigned Profiles" box
sergio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sergio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 6:21am
Okay so I'm at this fork in the road as well. I've logged into the local admin account, and I keep getting stuck at Setting profile ACL.

Can I now join to new domain and then use your other tool to copy from old profile to new profile?
xisplo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xisplo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 2:54pm
Sorry for reviving this thread, but I've come across the same issue.

I was able to fix it by closing Connection Broker via task manager. hope this helps any google searchers ;)

task manager > highlight 'Connection Broker' > End task
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2016 at 3:32am
Many thanks for this.

Does ending the "Connection Broker" process immediately cause User Profile to continue at the "Setting Profile ACL..." stage, or do you have to restart the migration?

We don't have "Connection Broker" running on our workstations. What version of Windows are you using?

If you have any more information on "Connection Broker" we would really appreciate it; you can right-click on the process in Task Manager and look at Properties...
workshy68 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote workshy68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 6:45am
I have just had the same problem where the software stuck at..
Setting Profile ACL...

it was like this for over an hour so i tried to load task manager but it would not appear.

i ended up restarting the pc but when i tried to log in the domain account it immediately signs me back out. no matter how times i try it will not sign me in.

any ideas how i get back into the domain account?
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 12:02pm
The profile is in an inconsistent state. You need to run User Profile Wizard again and either assign the profile back to the original user account, or try to assign it to the new account again.
AT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 12:58pm
I've used this software with good results normally with 10 - 30gb profiles, taking about 5 - 15 minutes. Now I have one with 122gb, how long estimated could that take?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic