ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Profile Wizard Stalled at Setting Profile ACL...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CFJSGeek View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote CFJSGeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 11:53am
I ran across the same issue. Hung for about an hour or more.

I started by trying to disable Windows Defender in the settings, although it seemed to keep turning itself back on.

I then started ending tasks that seemed to be safe to end, such as programs I knew could be turned off.

Then all of a sudden it completed. Not sure which task was the last one I ended.
Rene View Drop Down

Quote Rene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 5:56pm
I ran into the same issue. Stuck at Setting Profile ACL

My setup is using ProfWiz Pro from server and 'push' the setup to, in case, a laptop. Migrating from old domain to new domain and changing the user profile.

I decided to try CFJSGeek idea and began to try and stop processes on the laptop. I was logged in as a local user on the laptop so when I tried to stop Bonjour update, I was asked for creds to proceed. I was just about to enter them when I noticed on the server that the migration phase began again and then finished.

It's as if I woke the laptop up, I had been sending pings to the laptop and they were responding but the laptop would not show in a net view command. I was worried it had gone into limbo and became a zombie or at the worst, a bricked system.

So if it was just the attempt to stop a process which triggered the process to continue I can not say for sure, but here is the time it took to finish setting profile ACL's:

Setting Profile ACL... Done.
Set Profile ACL in 2682.956 seconds.

That's like 45 minutes... well I can say for the other 20 computers we migrated using the tool it was almost flawless. I have other issues but better asked in another thread. ( Redirected folders migrating to another set of redirected folders.)
xisplo View Drop Down

Quote xisplo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 11:33am
Hey, another bump from the dead.

I just had this issue occur on a windows 10 pro machine, ending SearchUI was the solution....

My suggestion for all of you users of this magnificent application:

run > msconfig > disable all no ms start ups and non essentials
reboot
run the application under an administrator account/profile

thank you,
Peter
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12