ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Desktop Management
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Uninstall

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Uninstall
    Posted: 11 Sep 2007 at 11:34am
I've uninstalled the eval version of profile manager but I still get a dialog telling me my evaluation period has expired when I log in to Windows. How can I get rid of this?

Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2007 at 11:49am
This problem is the result of an issue with the InstallShield installer. The problem should not occur with Advanced Installer based installs.

The safest way forward would be to reinstall the software using the same install file you used to install the software and then uninstall it again.

We strongly recommend that you try this first.

Alternatively, you can remove the software manually by carrying out the following steps:

1. Logon as an Administrator and run regedit.
2. Goto the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon key.
3. Change the value of the "GinaDLL" string value from "pmgina.dll" to "msgina.dll." (Be very careful:  Specifying an invalid value can mean that the machine will not boot up! )
4. Reboot the machine.
5. Delete the "C:\Program Files\ForensiT\User Profile Manager" folder and all its contents.
6. Delete the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ForensiT registry key and all its subkeys.
7. Delete the "C:\Windows\System32\pmgina.dll" file.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic