ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Move Computer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Transwiz causing software exception

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lmcddouglas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transwiz causing software exception
    Posted: 18 Dec 2012 at 2:46pm
I've been a satisfied user of transwiz pro for about 6 months, but now I've got a couple of machines that refuse to create transfer files. I've worked extensively on one PC and I'm stumped as to what might cause it.

I step through the creation of the transfer file and after I get past the point where it asks to provide a password I get a "preparing transfer file" and then after about 20 seconds I get "The exception unknown software exception (0x400000015) occurred in the application at location 0x0047d0aa". I get a zero byte file on my flash drive called "office.trans.z01"

So far I've run chkdsk on my flash drive and my hard drive. I've run memtest on my desktop PC. I've disabled anti-virus. I've run ccleaner as a local administrator and as the user whose profile I'm attempting to move. I've tried running transwiz from a network share rather than from this flash drive. I've even attempted to run the beta version of transwiz. Nothing has changed except the memory location noted in the error.

Is there anything else I can try, or do some profiles simply not play well with transwiz?
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 3:42am
There is obviously no quick solution to this. If you have the time to help us investigate, please email support@ForensiT.com
andrew201 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrew201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2013 at 9:30am
I realize this post is several months stale, however we're having the exact same problem repeatedly, Windows Vista and Windows XP.

Any feedback on the cause?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic