ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

predefined setings in GUI

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BachK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: predefined setings in GUI
    Posted: 18 Jan 2008 at 5:53am
Currently I am testing with the private edition of the User Profile Wizard since it takes longer for the company which I support to order and buy things. I already have some questions:

With the corporate edition will it possible to define some default inputs on the command line (e.g. domain name, domain account and PW) and than the GUI pops up with pre defined fields?

Would it be possible to add options in the list of profiles to delete them? I assume in our environment there will be a lot of profiles (and local user accounts) from users which do not exist any longer. 

Thanks Klaus

Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2008 at 7:51am
Hi,

The Corporate Edition of the Wizard enables you to run the migration from a script or from the command line; this way, you can specify the domain name, etc. directly.

The command line does not allow you to pre-define filelds in the GUI: the migration runs entirely in the background. However, by using the "Deployment Kit" to create your script you can exclude specific accounts from the migration, and you can also run a "follow-on" script to delete profiles if you need to.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic