ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Domain to Local help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vongalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Domain to Local help
    Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 2:29pm

I am currently logged into my domain and want to move this profile over to a local account, then remove the computer from the domain.

Do you have some pointers to help me "move" the profile from domain to local using Profwiz.exe ?
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 3:39pm

To migrate a domain account profile to a local account using the Wizard, click the drop-down box on the first "User Account Information" page and select the local computer name. Enter the local account name in the "Account Name" text box below. This account needs to exist on the machine before you start: the Wizard will warn you if it does not. On the next page - "Select a User Profile" - choose the domain account profile that you want to migrate. Click next again and the profile should be migrated.

Please note that User Profile Wizard will *not* unjoin the machine from the domain for you: you will need to do this manually. We would advise that you run the profile migration first, reboot the machine, make sure that you can logon correctly with the local account and then unjoin the machine from the domain.

Edited by Support - 05 Feb 2008 at 3:47pm
Vongalin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vongalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2008 at 9:23am
Thank you very much for the clarification - I was slightly confused at which computer to select at which screen.

I followed your instructions and have successfully migrated my domain accounts to local and have removed the DC from the network.

THANK YOU !!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic