Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Outlook Error after migration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
plucka View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote plucka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outlook Error after migration
    Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 9:14pm
Hi,
I'm testing the corporate edition on Windows 7 and I am getting problems in Outlook 2010 after a migration. Exchange settings (ie server) are the same between the old and new domain so there is no exchange migration.

When outlook launches I get the following error:
"The file NormalEmail.dotm cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents".

Clicking OK then appears to launch Outlook ok but I also discover further issues within outlook- specifically signatures:
I cannot display previous signatures created even though the file exists in the profile.
In addition if I try and create a new signature I get the following error:
"A file error has occurred." Followed by the path of the signature file.

I have checked the permissions on these file locations under the users Roaming Folder in their profile and they all look correct. Even tried removing and reapplying the permissions and no luck. I can manually create files in these folders no problems.

The next problem in outlook is after a while is this error:
"Outlook has insufficient memory. Do you want to save NormalEmail as a Rescued Template?" I click yes and I get a "Disk is full error" even though there is 500GB free.

None of these issues occur before migration. Seems as if the outlook profile is corrupt or permissions screwed somewhere. Modifications to outlook settings such as screen colour, ribbon bar etc have transferred across ok as well as desktop settings etc so it seems to have partially worked. MS Word seems to be working ok.
plucka View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote plucka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 11:00pm
Upon Further testing I'm finding I'm not getting these outlook problems for a test user that does not have folder redirection (Desktop, My Documents) on. The test user with folder redirection on currently does not have access to their old domain redirection shares as we have not setup the trust between domains yet, so when this user logs on he gets error's about can't access his desktop or mydocs which is expected.

I'm guessing this lack of access to the redirected folders is screwing up outlook, I originally didn't think this would cause any outlook issues seeing as no outlook files are stored in these redirected locations.   Anyway will have to setup the trust so that migrated users can still access their redirected shares and test again. I'm hoping this is all it is and not the case the folder redirection screws outlook during migration as we still wish to continue to use redirection.
 Post Reply Post Reply