ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Desktop Management
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Logoff scripts won't run for non-admins

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephendburke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Logoff scripts won't run for non-admins
    Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 5:28am
Hi,

On a PC with User Profile Manager installed I've created a logoff script. This runs fine if the user is an administrator but fails with no error if not. Without UPM installed then logoff scripts work fine whether as admin or not.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks,

Stephen
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 9:13am
Hi Stephen,

We are not aware of any problem. We will try it.
stephendburke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephendburke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 3:32am
Also logon scripts don't run for non-admin domain users. If I create a local user on the same PC then logon and logoff scripts both run OK even if a non-admin. That is why I think this issue is linked to User Profile Manager. Only domain user accounts are configured with UPM.

You are welcome to remote to this PC to have a look,
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 4:54am
Is this a computer logon script or a user logon script? Are you setting the Group Policy on the domain or locally on the PC?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephendburke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 4:56am
Sorry I don't understand your question, all logoff scripts are user scripts. (Machine scripts are startup or shutdown). It's the same whether the script is called at the domain or locally using gpedit.
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 5:22am
We can't reproduce the problem. We created a profile and assigned it to a group. Using a User Configuration Group Policy linked to a given OU to run a logon script, the script runs correctly when a user with an account in that OU logs on. When a user account from a different OU logs on, the script does not run - which is what we would expect to see.

We are using the current release build of User Profile Manager 2.5.1037

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephendburke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 5:28am
Did your user have admin rights on the PC?
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 5:31am
No. Not for any user accounts sharing the profile.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephendburke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 6:04am
I've downloaded the most recent version of UPM and it makes no difference. Both logon and logoff scripts fail (whether local or domain) if the user isn't a local admin. I believe this is linked to UPM because local accounts which don't use the assigned profile are able to run a logoff script without admin rights. I can demo this problem across multiple PCs and users.

Thanks Stephen
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic