ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Disable/Delete Profiles and Multiple Profiles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Disable/Delete Profiles and Multiple Profiles
    Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 9:15pm
First, this tool is amazing and what a time saver but I need to ask two fairly basic questions; I use the interactive tool (Pro).

1. I have not tried the disable/delete features during migration. Does it create a new profile for the new domain then disable/delete the old profile? Since I have not used these features yet, it seems to leave the existing profile folder name in place no matter what the new domain user name is.

2. Running interactively, if I have two profiles to move on a single machine I assume once I move one profile I would run the tool again to grab a second profile on the same machine?

Thanks for you help.

Greg
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 4:47am
Hi Greg,

1. The disable/delete functions relate to local user accounts. You can disable or delete (not recommended unless you are sure what you're doing) the local accounts whose profiles you are migrating to new domain accounts. Remember an account is represented by your username and password; a profile is the data, the documents and settings, associated with that account.

The Professional and Corporate Editions can rename the profile folder. The Personal Edition cannot.

2. Yes, you re-run the Wizard if you want to migrate another profile.
TCS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 9:26am
Thanks for your prompt reply.

I am doing a domain migration this weekend and I own the Professional version. So if I check the "Disable" box during migration, the old "Local" account becomes disabled, will a new Profile folder then be created using the new Domain User Name (if changing Domain User Names)?

Greg
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2013 at 3:48am
To rename the profile folder, the <RenameProfileFolder> value in Profwiz.config needs to be set to 'True'

<RenameProfileFolder>True</RenameProfileFolder>

Disabling the local account has no effect on this.

TCS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2013 at 8:08am
Thanks for your help. I truly appreciate this tool and the work it has saved me.

Greg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic