ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Desktop Management
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roaming profile conversion to local profile

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dcostello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roaming profile conversion to local profile
    Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 2:36pm
I was refered to the Profile Wizard product as a way to convert a roaming profile into a local profile.  I have one user who was somehow set up with a roaming profile, it happened before my time.  I'd like to convert him to a local profile but I don't want to lose any of his settings.  Will the Profile Wizard allow me to go to the various systems he uses and convert his roaming profile to a local profile?  His roaming profile is loaded on a Windows 7 system as well as some Windows Server 2008 R2 and SBS 2003 servers.

Thanks,
Dave
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 4:47am
Hi Dave,

You don't need  anything special to convert a roaming profile to a local profile. Go to Control Panel->System and Security->System then "Advanced System Settings"; click "Settings..." in the "User Profiles" section, select the profile and choose "Change Type"

In testing we have found that if you just delete the "Profile Path" value (under "User Profile" on the "Profile" tab) on the user account object in AD, Windows automatically sets the profile to local the next time the user logs on any way.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic