ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Desktop Management
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Uninstallation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uninstaller2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Uninstallation
    Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 9:35am
I am trying to uninstall User Profile manager 2.0 but I cant because It cannot find the MSI. Every time I start my computer an error box pops up because my install is corrupted, but I cannot uninstall it because of the missing MSI.
Is there a way to get the MSI I am missing?

Otherwise, is there somewhere I can just disable all of the auto-run features of User Profile Manager so that I dont get this error message every time I start?

Thanks.
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 11:22am
Hi,

Where did you get a copy of version 2.0 from?  That version has not been available for several years.

If you have the setup file you can run it again and choose “Remove” If that does not work, choose “Repair” and then “Remove”

If you need to manually remove the software please contact support@ForensiT.com for instructions.

Thanks.
uninstaller2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uninstaller2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2014 at 8:55am
It's been installed on this windows server for a very long time but has not been used. I cant "Repair" as the MSI is missing. Do you have a copy of the MSI I can download so I can just do the uninstall regularly? I shouldnt need to manually uninstall as long as I can get a copy of the MSI.

"User_Profile_Manager_2.0.2025_XP_setup.msi" is the one I need.
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 5:02am
The problem here was that there never was a separate .msi file. The installer software creates an .msi file, but then embeds it in the setup.exe file. Presumably the .msi file is extracted when the setup file is run, so may be you could track it down if you run the setup file on another machine.
uninstaller2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uninstaller2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 10:57am
While I am attempting this , there might be another solution you could have an answer to.

Is there any way to permanently remove this from Startup? I receive an error message every time I log in to the server regardless of which user this is.

I checked the regedit start options, msconfig start options, startup entries in the start menu, as well as services, but cant seem to locate anything regarding User Profile Manager.

Would you know what is prompting the PC to check User Profile Manager [and get the error message]?

I am in the process of trying the setup.exe to get a new MSI. Thanks.
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 8:10am
What version of Windows is this server running?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic