ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Move Computer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IE 9,10,11 Error - Windows 7 x64

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alegav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IE 9,10,11 Error - Windows 7 x64
    Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 6:32pm
Hello,

I am using Transwiz to backup user domain profiles. We are migrated from XP to Win7 x64. I have found that when there must be a stub set of features or registry valus with IE when going from XP to WIN 7 that do not play nice. When I backup the users profile, image the machine, restore the data all is well until we get to IE. It constantly hangs and crashes. I thought this was isolated to a single user but I did an entire dept a few weeks ago (about 15 users) and they all had the same symptom. I rolled back from 11 to 10 to 9 and the issues was still there. Just wondering if I am the only one

Alex
tdickert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdickert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 4:13pm
You could try launching IE in safe mode to see if it has something to do with a plug-in.

go to the START menu and clicking RUN. Type “iexplore -extoff” and then click OK. If IE opens up, then it’s probably an add-on problem preventing you from opening it normally

What happens when you go to the control panel -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Reset?

I'm guessing that it might allow Internet Explorer to run again (if it was a setting that is the problem).

I haven't personally seen that issue though, but we are in the process of transitioning from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic