ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Multiple Issues Profwiz Corporate

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 9:52am
No where did we say that the profiles need to exist.

The whole point is that the profiles must not exist in the new domain. That is what all this is about. If a roaming profile already exists in the new domain it will over-write the local profile and the user will lose all their data.

Profwiz needs to check that the roaming profile does not already exist in the new domain. To do that it needs to know the profile path (from the user account object in AD) and it needs access to the parent folder where the roaming profile will be created.

If Profwiz cannot confirm that the roaming profile does not exist, it will force the user to use a local profile - and that is what you are seeing.
yarno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yarno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2014 at 4:22am
Hi,
Thanks for your explaination and this is the way it should work, that is also what we agree.
But unfortunatly Profwiz is not working this way. The configured accounts in Profwiz have the right credentials, otherwise Profwiz is not able to pull the SID from the user in the new domain. Still it cannot determine (following your explanation) if there is a roaming profile configured in the new domain. I tested the acces to the shared folder, this is also not a problem for the B\administrator account.
As I told you I rebuilded the DC's from scratch and they are clean. The only GPO I created is in the old domain for running Profwiz at User logon.

What can I do about it?
Do you have a test environment so you can test my issue?
Or can you explain to me like I am a 4 year old kid how to solve this?

Thanks in advance
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic