ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Google Drive after migrating to domain

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Karnew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karnew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Google Drive after migrating to domain
    Posted: 10 May 2017 at 9:35am
My company had another company step in to move our computers to a new domain. I think they used the personal version. The problem is now with computers and user post move they can not access Google Drive installed. I tried suggestions offered above, but believe they will only work if implemented before launching the Profile Move application. I have tried making domain user the owner, myself as admin the owner btw the domain account shows full control of the folder and indeed they can view and traverse the folder..but permission will not propagate from the Top Google Drive folder. they have to be placed on each individual file. Any other ideas?
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2014 at 3:31am
See http://forum.forensit.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=491

You are using an out of date version of User Profile Wizard. Issues with the registry key mentioned in the above post were addressed in build 3.6.1173. The current release is 3.7.1190.
juliusk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juliusk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2014 at 3:30am
Have you read this KB article: https://www.dropbox.com/help/272/en
vyas948 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vyas948 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2014 at 2:18am

Dropbox Error: couldn't access the Windows Registry.

Profwiz version:3.6.1172

Windows 7 OS

Reinstalling the application and giving permissions to folders do not resolve the issue. Please help?
juliusk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juliusk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2014 at 11:05am
Hi Vyas948,

What is the error that you are getting? I remember that when I launched DropBox after migration it would ask me if it should use the current folder on the machine (or something along those lines) it was teh default options. It was a very straight forward migration for DropBox click next, next, finish.

If you are getting serious issues perhaps reinstall the app. All the data remains on the PC even if you uninstall the application.

Regards,
Juliusk
vyas948 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vyas948 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2014 at 6:25am
Hi,

I have used the personal edition to move users from workgroup to a domain. Dropbox is displaying an error message while launching. Is there any way to resolve the issue apart from giving permissions to dropbox folders?
juliusk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juliusk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 3:52am
OK, that makes sense then. Thanks for confirming it.

I will demo the Corporate edition on my test machines and see if we should use that instead.
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 3:41am
The Corporate and Professional Editions change the security permissions automatically. We will look at adding this to the Personal Edition.
juliusk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juliusk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2014 at 12:20pm
Hi,

I've spoken to Google Support about this and apparently this is normal.

I have managed to find a workaround where I take ownership of the files as the local admin and then add "all users" to the security permissions, this solves the permissions issue.

I am using the personal edition.
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2014 at 12:17pm
Which Edition of User Profile Wizard are you using?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic