ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Desktop Management
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Profwiz 3.7 Windows 8.1 Microsoft ID

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Profwiz 3.7 Windows 8.1 Microsoft ID
    Posted: 05 Jun 2014 at 5:21pm
A Windows 8.1 computer is part of a Windows Domain.

I would like to convert the computer to use a Microsoft ID for the login instead of the Domain.

I downloaded User Profile Wizard 3.7 and moved a domain user to a microsoft id user.

Everything seemed to be fine. All of icons, my documents, etc were where I expected them. I used the machine for about 5 hours without issue.

Then I tried using Windows Key + W. Then entered "user" to open the User wizard. Windows replied with:

"Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\windows.immersivecontrolpanel_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Indexed\Settings\en-US\AAA_SettingsPageAccountsUsers.settingcontent-ms'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

Any ideas on how to repair this or should I restore from backup?

Bill

ccapolingua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccapolingua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2015 at 10:42pm
Hi Bill,

I encountered this issue after changing the name of the user account installed by the computer shop for my new laptop.

When using the search function to look up user accounts feature I also got the same message.

After much looking I eventually found the solution...an it is frustratingly simple!!!

Go to SEARCH SETTINGS (type search in search function)
Click the CLEAR button (at the top)
Regards,
Carl.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic