ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Issues with ProfWiz Profile

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coler5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Issues with ProfWiz Profile
    Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 9:47am
I used ProfWiz to create the classroom teacher profiles on each pc. We do not use roaming profiles. As you will see in my notes below .... our school district is experiencing problems which I think might be related to the creation process of the profile.

Prior to moving to Windows Server our school district was Novell and all teachers logged into the local profile on the pc called faculty. Teachers could open IE 11 - Chrome - Firefox and access savemedia.com inserting a url click download and a popup window to open/save video appeared to save to the desktop.

Note: Savemedia is a website driven by java and the pc has the latest version installed.

So..... I used the faculty profile to create the (jane.doe)classroom teacher profile with ProfWiz.

NOW.... A teacher logs into pc (jane.doe) profile opens IE 11 - Chrome - Firefox to access savemedia.com The popup window to open/save video never appears for the teacher profile that was created by profwiz.

I log in the pc (john.doe) as a user that has never logged into the pc before - it creates the profile I DID NOT USE PROFWIZ - this user can access and open/save the video to the desktop.

Anyone have any input on how to resolve my issue?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic