ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Desktop Management
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question about ProWiz

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaudry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about ProWiz
    Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 11:22am
Hello,
I want to try this product, I have one question:
What if a user have an external hardrive, and he has tons of data, he keeps very minimum data on c: drive, how does that works after migration?
On the same subject, what if he has a backup and from earlier date (before migration)and if he wants to restore that?
This user has local profile right now, and he will have a different login name from domain.

Thanks,
Chaudry
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 4:49am
Hi Chaudry,

User Profile Wizard only migrates the user profile (usually C:\Users\username) If the user has a ton of data on an external drive and they have changed the default security permissions, then they will lose permissions to access that data after the migration. This rarely happens, because permissions on external drive folders are not normally user specific. However, you should know that User Profile Wizard will leave any permissions outside of the profile unchanged.

I cannot see a problem with restoring data from a backup. If the profile folder has been renamed, you can just change the restore path.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic