ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Desktop Management
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

View unassigned profiles crash

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fire-Wired Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: View unassigned profiles crash
    Posted: 17 Sep 2008 at 11:34am

I have noticed that Profile Manager crashs when you try to view an unassigned profile from a user profile that had a recent version of AOL installed.  This problem doesn't just affect Profile Manager, when I try to transfer the same profile via "Files and Settings Transfer Wizard" it would crash as well at the very end. 

I haven't tried to intentionaly reproduce this problem to test, but all two of my desktops that have had AOL installed none of their profiles transfer to a new install of XP.

This only appears to happen when AOL was installed and working.  The fact that "Files and Settings Transfer Wizard" encournters a crash as well from this leads me to beleive that it has something to do with something that AOL does to the profile, rather than a problem with the program.  I am wondering if anyone else has run into this same problem?
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2008 at 3:06pm
Hi,

We haven't come across the problem before. Does AOL create any folders in the profiles directory, typically c:\Documents and Settings? (The folder could be hidden.)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic