ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Move Computer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows 10 Issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcbsys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 11:14am
I haven't used TransWiz for some time but I have had the Windows 10 Start menu freeze (fail to open at all) for other, unknown reasons. The only thing that seems to fix it reliably is to do an in-place Windows 10 upgrade, that is, download the Windows 10 ISO for your current version of Windows, run setup, choose to keep personal files:

https://www.wintips.org/repair-windows-10-with-in-place-upgrade/
Yepess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yepess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 3:31am
Some way there has to be so that it doesn't break the start menu without having to use any additional programs or having to reinstall Windows.

Let them look at it if they find a solution and update the program without this failure, since it is annoying. Because I could not get it to work with the program you say "'Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Free".
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 8:32am
This thread dates from five years ago. Transwiz has been updated multiple times since then. If you are using the latest version of Transwiz and an up to date build of Windows 10, we are not aware of any Start menu issues whatsoever.

In the real world there will always be issues with individual migrations. However, we are confident that in general there are no problems with the Start Menu after transferring a profile to Windows 10 with Transwiz.
Yepess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yepess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 12:30pm
Well, I have problems with the Windows 10 start menu with the latest Version 2004, which have recently been released.

It turns out that the menu looks good, but it does not reflect any changes from what I do, if I delete something from the store that was already installed or any program that its shortcut appears there, in the menu it continues to appear, it is not removed. It is as if frozen.
Only what is anchored works fine to the start menu.

I know that the thread is 5 years old, but it is not closed either and right now I see this problem. When moving the profile, everything is transferred well, except for the start menu that is frozen as everything that has been transferred in it. Except what is anchored that works well.

I hope I have explained myself.
Brent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 11:53pm
As of 11/2021, I can confirm that this start menu issue is still present on Windows 10 profiles migrated from and up-to-date machine.
The exact issue is that apps downloaded from the MS store are not removed from the start menu, even when they are uninstalled.  Resetting windows ("keep my files") fixes this but also eliminates a lot of the advantage of using TransWiz in the first place.

Any hope for a fix for this issue?
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 9:28am
I'm sorry you experienced a problem when you ran Transwiz. However, it is completely untrue to say there is still a Start Menu issue: there aboslutely is not. You cannot assume, just because you have a problem reported on a six year old thread that therefore there is some general issue with the software. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic