ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Move Computer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ntuserdat.log is not included

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schnitzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ntuserdat.log is not included
    Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 5:16am
Transwiz:

I created under Windows 10 pro a separate Admin-account "test" only for the purpose of being able to copy the profile of the main user "PC2" (there exist now 2 users/profiles: PC2 and test).

When creating the transfer file "trans.zip" I got 2 error messages stating that the files ntuserdat.log1 and ntuserdat2.log are in use and cannot be processed.

When trying to import the trans.zip in the new computer I got the following message:

ForensiT Transwiz v1.10.1075
Personal Edition (Freeware License)
Copyright (c) 2006-2016 ForensiT Ltd
www.ForensiT.com

Unpacking transfer file... Done.
Processing file list... Done.
Setting Registry ACLs... Fails.
Unable to load Profile. Error 2.
Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.

Edited by Schnitzer - 06 Aug 2016 at 8:41am
Schnitzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schnitzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 3:06pm
I found out that 7-zip is necessary to extract the zip file. Win 10 pro does not do it. Nevertheless the next error messages on the target computer are

"Unpacking transfer file... Done.
Processing file list... Done.
Setting Registry ACLs... Fails.
Unable to load Profile. Error 2.
Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden."

Any help appreciated. I hope some day some time the admin will reply
Schnitzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schnitzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 1:01pm
Wow, 10 days now - and not one reply. Somebody out there?
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 2:54pm
We can only provide support on the forum on a best endeavors basis. As I hope you will appreciate, we have to give priority to our customers who have paid for the software. If others have not replied it is probably because, like us, they have no experience of the problem.

Transwiz should not allow you to back up a Windows 10 profile if it is in use. If you got errors on the registry log files it would indicate that the registry had not been cleanly unloaded. In these circumstances reboot the machine and try the backup again. However, not having the log files backed up would absolutely not stop the profile being loaded, so the error you got is unrelated to that.

Is this problem reproducible, or was it a one off?
Schnitzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schnitzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 11:20am
First of all, thank your for your reply.

"we have to give priority to our customers who have paid "
Of course. This is understandable

"Transwiz should not allow you to back up a Windows 10 profile if it is in use."
That is why I have created a "test"-profile on the target computer,  booted the PC with the test-profile and then started transwiz to import the profile (backed up from the source computer: Profile "PC2") to replace the main profile ("PC4") on the target computer.

The problem is reproducible. The main problem might be the error "Unable to load Profile. Error 2.". Maybe wrong entries in the window "User account information" ?
Both computers are not member of a domain, they are just in the same workgroup. Nevertheless Transwiz wants an entry "Enter the domain" otherwise the button "Next" is not active. Does this information help?
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 4:51am
If you are not joining a domain, you just choose the local computer name from the drop-down list.
Schnitzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schnitzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 7:16am
That' s what I did (in the field "Enter the domain")

Drop-down list "Enter the domain": There is only entry to choose from: PC4, which is the name of the target computer
Field "Rename computer": Unchecked
Field "Join Domain": Here I tried both entries: Checked and unchecked
Field "Account name": Transwiz suggests "PC2", which is the name of the source computer. I tried "PC2", "PC4" and the name of the microsoft account at the source computer "myname@web.de"
Field "Set as default logon": Unchecked

It always ends with the error message.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic