ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Desktop Management
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DefProf 1.10 Win10 very slow Login

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baldur1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DefProf 1.10 Win10 very slow Login
    Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 4:07am
I'am Work with Windows 10.

I delete on start the Computer with delprof2 all profiles and would like to login with a domain profile.

This domain profile should the data from the default folder( also works ),ut the login lasts 2:30 minutes.

If I do not delete it the second login is rapidly.

I update the default profile with appx.

Am I doing something wrong or it's just not faster.

The second question is:
Firefox is the default application, but the query comes anyway. Is there still a problem?

The third questionis:
Many Apps don't work.
Edge, calc, news opened but store, weather, ... don't open

Best Regards

Edited by baldur1989 - 13 Sep 2016 at 4:12am
theflash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theflash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 8:08am
Just from my personal experience as far as logon speed:

If you are using 1511 or older of Windows 10 then logons will take longer than using the latest 1607 build. Microsoft made optimizations to the logon process that made a huge difference on our end.

If you are using the latest version of DefProf then it will setup all modern apps before hitting the desktop. The more apps it has to setup, the longer it will take. The first thing I do on a new image is go through and remove just about everything (bing, xbox, solitaire, etc).

Hard drive speed and system speed plays a big role as well. On my test system a fresh profile logon takes 15 seconds...but it has a SSD and I optimize the profile about as far as you can go. I could see even a 7200 RPM desktop drive logon times taking 2 minutes if nothing is trimmed, because it is likely having to "install" 60+ apps each time a user logs in.

Using Windows 10 1607 Edu and DefProf 1.11, I wasn't able to replicate issues with apps not working. We remove weather (all bing related junk) but the store opened fine. It may be a permissions issue with the account. Functionally there shouldn't be a difference between calculator and bing weather except maybe user permissions, or location being turned off. That would take additional troubleshooting on your end.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic