ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Desktop Management
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Issue with DefProf v1.11 & Win10 1607 ENT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krdell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Issue with DefProf v1.11 & Win10 1607 ENT
    Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 8:19am
I am encountering a strange issue with DefProf when I am using it then doing an SCCM capture and deployment. When I run DefProf everything works fine. When I then capture it then deploy it using SCCM i noticed that the Office 2016 is corrupted somehow...when opening word and excel I am getting memory error message and other erros when opening saved files. This ONLY happens when ive used defprof prior to capturing an image. This did not happen before the annivesary update either. Has anyone else encountered anything remotely similar? Other than this issue everything has been great!
Moopere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moopere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 9:00pm
Yes, I've seen this. Don't believe its restricted to AE as I get it on TH2 as well.

Its related to a registry problem and can be fixed before taking your image as per this MS answer:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/wiki/msoffice_word-mso_other/fix-word-could-not-create-the-work-file-error-in/89427a2d-1e82-47b1-9b6f-33ba3cffddc0

galbanis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote galbanis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 4:14pm
Happens to me too and the reg fix worked initially pre-anniversary but on the last occurrence post anniversary that reg fix didn't work. It would always change it back to the "shared user" path rather than %userprofile%. What I did to fix it was uninstall Office as Admin, delete the shared profile and then install office again as Admin and re-add the profile (log back in as the shared user). I thought I'd have to defprof again but it seemed to "remember" what profile was being shared.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic