ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Does Profile Wizard affect the domain account?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmagedanz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does Profile Wizard affect the domain account?
    Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 8:56pm
Hi everyone,
I tried to search for this but couldn't find the answer. My situation is multiple domain users logging into different workstations with the same "group" user account. I need to migrate each user's individual settings/etc on their workstations to a new domain account for that specific user. The group user will eventually be removed, but I need to know if User Profile Wizard is going to delete/alter/break the group login on the first user that gets migrated. I basically don't need any domain activity, just copying local profiles.
Thanks,
Byron
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 3:03am
User Profile Wizard does not touch the old user account.
bmagedanz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmagedanz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 8:28pm
Thanks for the reply.
I ended up giving it a shot on one of the workstations but found something odd happened. It did transfer all the settings to the new user, but if you look in the users directory, the profile folder is still the name of the old user. Is this the expected behavior? The new user does have a directory, but there's just default things in there. It seems like that may become irritating later from an administrative standpoint, having a handful of users with different profile directory names. Did I do something wrong? Maybe I should read the manual...
Thanks,
Byron
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 3:21am
The Freeware Personal Edition does not rename the profile folder. The Professional and Corporate Editions do.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic