ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Profile Status after Azure Migration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinceh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Profile Status after Azure Migration
    Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 5:26am
Hello.
I have done a number of tests using Profwiz in Windows 10 to migrate a local domain account to an Azure account. In each case, while the migration appears to be successful, the profile that the new Azure account uses is not the original 'blank' Azure profile, but the old local AD profile. In other words, Profwiz seems to update the old AD account rather than move everything from the old AD profile to the new Azure profile. This may not matter but it is confusing! Is this expected behaviour?
The Profwiz version is 3.12.1229
Thanks
Vince
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 1:13pm
Hi Vince,

Yes, this is exactly what should happen. Please see Migrating to an Azure AD Account on page 38 of the User Guide
vinceh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinceh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 1:38pm
Hi.
Thanks for your reply. I've read page 38 of the guide and it doesn't say that exactly. I see the document says that the blank azure profile is renamed to '.old' - but it isn't - is just stays there with its original name, confusing matters. I was expecting the new profile to take on the name of the Azure profile and the old local domain profile to be left untouched. But the old local domain profile keeps its name - or at least the folder in the users folder does - but contains the new azure profile, while the blank azure profile just sits there, orphaned.
So may I ask again, is that what you are expecting?
Thanks.
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 2:09am
Are you using the Personal Edition of User Profile Wizard? The Personal Edition does not rename the profile folder.
vinceh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinceh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 2:21am
I am using the Personal Edition. Thanks for clarifying. I will try the Professional Edition and see how that behaves.
vinceh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinceh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 7:38am
Hi. The Professional Edition does indeed rename the original Azure profile .old and renames the old local domain profile to the correct Azure name. So that's good. Thank you for your help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic