ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Join Win 10 Pro to 2016 Local Domain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sthomas24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Join Win 10 Pro to 2016 Local Domain
    Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 10:48am
I've been using profile wizard for a long time now and have never run into this issue. We just setup a new Windows 2016 Server AD DC. I have computers that are currently in a Workgroup that I need to join to the new domain. When I run profwiz 3.12, I select the local user account that I want to migrate and click next. Then on the next screen, the "Enter the Domain" dropdown is greyed out, but it has my new domain listed. The button below "Join Domain" is greyed out and I cannot check it off. Below where it has "Enter the account name", when I try to enter the domain user name, I get a message "Azure AD, enter your school or work account email address".

This is a local domain and not an Azure AD domain. How do I migrate the local account to the local domain "XYZ.LOCAL". Please help. Never ran into this before, but I believe this is the first time I've tried using Profwiz to join to a 2016 DC. Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic