ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Error 2699 - Joining Win10Pro to New Server 2016
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Error 2699 - Joining Win10Pro to New Server 2016

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rkiloquebec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error 2699 - Joining Win10Pro to New Server 2016
    Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 1:27pm
Hi all,

Our little four person company finally has a proper server. I'm trying to join client machines to the new Domain but I keep getting error 2699 where "an attempt to resolve the DNS name of a domain controller in the domain being joined has failed. Please verify this client is configured to reach a DNS server that can resolve DNS names in the target domain..."

When this error occurs it "corrupts" the user's existing profile requiring a restore.

Any help would be appreciated!
DaReaLDeviL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaReaLDeviL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 12:10pm
Hello,

I'm in the same boat. Have you found a solution or does anybody can hint to in the right direction?
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 4:09am
This seems to be a DNS problem. (See for example here) Check any static DNS settings on the machine, and ensure that any existing DNS servers have "Forwarders" entries to the new domain DNS.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic