ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No cached AD Credentials

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeDavies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No cached AD Credentials
    Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 3:36pm
Hi

Have only used this tool once to migrate a workgroup/local account to a AD joined domain account.

When I boot up the machine off the network I can log in with the domain account details but when I then fire up a vpn connection into the network and try to run the usual logon script (from the netlogon share on the server) I get prompted to authenticate so it looks like the off network login is not caching the AD account details.

Can anyone help me with this please ?

Thanks
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 3:57am
If the AD credentials weren't being cached you couldn't sign-in offline at all, so that is not the issue.

The first thing we would look at is how the VPN client is authenticating to the network, and whether the VPN client is using any cached credentials. User Profile Wizard cannot migrate encrypted data, so it is possible any previous cached credentials will not be valid.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic