ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Server 2016 Support

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s31064 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Server 2016 Support
    Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 10:28am
Can someone tell me if User Profile Wizard and/or DefProf work on Windows Server 2016 local profiles?

Basically, I have a local user account on a workgroup server (2016) that has had multiple changes to the default preferences. Most of them are cosmetic (Taskbar on top instead of the bottom, folders show in List view, time is 24 hour, Desktop has files and scripts on it, etc.), however there are a few that affect other applications (e.g. Server Manager is set so that it doesn't start automatically on login). This was all done on a test system over the course of an evaluation. Now I need to create another 50 eval systems for this project. I don't want to tell this user he needs to reconfigure his account on 50 different machines if I can help it. Will the User Profile Wizard allow me to copy his profile to other workgroup servers, and is it scriptable (PowerShell)? Thanks for the help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic