ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Move Computer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Outlook 2010/Exchange behavior

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MO_tech_lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outlook 2010/Exchange behavior
    Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 2:36pm
I am a new user of your TransWiz product and just completed my first domain profile transfer. Everything went smoothly except for a couple of things I want to ask about.

I selected the "Set as default logon" when restoring the user's TransWiz .zip file and wonder if that is why this worked as it did.

On user's first logon the icons that were pinned to the taskbar did not appear (though they did appear after a reboot and logging back in).

But the behavior I'd like to understand is that when opening Outlook 2010, all the user's messages were there and the Outlook setup had copied, but each time Outlook was opened the user received a pop-up window that said, "Outlook is using an old copy of your Outlook data file (.ost). Exit Oulook, delete the file, and restart Outlook. A new file will be automatically created the next time you initiate a send/receive." I was hesitant to delete the .ost file for fear of losing the user's signatures and setup/configuration, so instead I renamed the .ost file and closed and reopened Outlook. This did the same thing and recreated the .ost file which took a while. We have on-premises Exchange Server 2010. Is this normal behavior and will I have to do this each time I transfer a user to a new computer using this tool? Luckily, the signature and settings did remain.

Thanks in advance. I really do like the tool and think it will be very helpful in our environment, even more so after we purchase the Pro edition.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic