ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Error joining SBS domain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error joining SBS domain
    Posted: 04 Jun 2007 at 3:57am
I have an SBS domain. I have rebuilt the server using the domain that was used when it was originally set up. Therefore, the computer that I was joining to the domain would have the same domain in its name. I ran the profwiz and it ran normally. The computer appeared to be joined to the domain. To test it, I logged of and tried to log back on. It did not work until I had tried about 5 times. Then when I logged on, it built a new profile on the computer. Is this a possible glitch? Is there a problem joining a computer to a domain that is the same as the one it used to belong to?Cry
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2007 at 12:30pm
There is normally no problem about joining a computer to a domain with the same name. When you say "it did not work" when you tried to log on, what happened? Did you get an error, or did the logon "hang" or timeout?
Norton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2007 at 3:00pm
The logon would hang, and then I would get a message saying no domain was available.
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2007 at 10:29am
It sounds like a name resolution issue. Probably the quickest solution would be to unjoin the machine from the domain, reboot, and then run the migration again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic