ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Offline files not migrated

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThetaDev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Offline files not migrated
    Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 3:12pm
My SBS 2008 crashed last week.  The computers that were part of the domain have been working offline since.  I rebuilt the server, with the same server name and the same domain name.  I manually recreated all the users.  When a user would logon, the offline files would not sync in the new domain.  After reading posts, I decided to try user profile wizard.  I logged on to an XP Pro computer, was authenticated by the server and ran the wizard.  Everything completed normally.  I tried this for two different users and in both cases neither of the offline Desktop nor My Documents appeared for the user.   In one case, the offline files are no longer associated with the migrated profile, the other profile only some of the offline files are associated with the migrated profile. 

Can someone help me understand what went wrong and how can I get the offline files to be available to the two users.  Thanks for any assistance.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic