ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Migrate.exe never completes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Migrate.exe never completes
    Posted: 09 Feb 2012 at 5:20pm
I'm evaluating User Profile Wizard for purposes of migrating ~150 users to a new AD. I have good success when I install User Profile Wizard on the target machine, but I want to make use of the deployment package to simplify migration. To do that I used the deployment wizard to create the single deployment package, migrate.exe. When I run it however on the same target machine (Windows Vista Business SP2) the process starts out okay, but then seems to hang after "Setting <username> as default logon... Done." is logged in the migrate log. Migrate.exe is still running and I see disk activity, but I've let this run for over an hour and log has not updated in that amount of time. When I ran User Profile Wizard I do recall it took some time to complete, but measured in minutes, not hours.

At this point I am going to let migrate.exe run overnight to see if it ever completes, but I sense it will be in this state when I return in the morning. What would possibly cause this?
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2012 at 3:26am
This is not a problem we have seen.

As you are evaluating the software you should email support@ForensiT.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic