ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Move Computer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Migrating Outlook Data

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alegav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Migrating Outlook Data
    Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 11:20am
Hello,

I am in the process of imaging our Windows XP machines to 7. Everything works great when I capture the domain users profile and save it. I then image the machine, join it to the domain and then use the tool to transfer back over the users profile. All that works great, the user is able to login and all the data is there. What I am having an issue with is the end users Outlook profile. We are using Office 2010. At the initial startup of Outlook it takes FOREVER, and I am talking like 10-15 mins and these machines are no slouches. Optiplex 9010's Quad Core i5's with 8GB's of RAM. If I go into control panel and create a new mail profile it takes about 1-2 mins to get fully started up and pulling in data. Is this a known bug, or am i just being impatient?

Thanks,

Alex
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2013 at 10:31am

Hi Alex,

There are no known issues. I'm assuming that the version of Outlook on the XP machines is different to Outlook 2010 on the Windows 7 machines. If that is the case, then what happens when you start Outlook 2010 after migrating the profile is analogous to installing a new version of Outlook/Office on an existing machine.

Often when things take this long it is down to problems communicating with a server over the network. You could try checking whether there any any differences in configuration between creating a new Outlook profile and not.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic