Print Page | Close Window

Azure AD to Azure AD move

Printed From: ForensiT
Category: ForensiT Support
Forum Name: Move Computer
Forum Discription: User Profile Transfer Wizard questions, suggestions, comments and bug reports
URL: http://forum.ForensiT.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1535
Printed Date: 20 Sep 2018 at 9:50am

Topic: Azure AD to Azure AD move
Posted By: randys
Subject: Azure AD to Azure AD move
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 6:35pm
I'm having a problem with Transwiz failing to complete the transfer of the user profile. Original laptop is connected to Azure AD, I used Transwiz to create zip file of user profile. On the new laptop, Transwiz fully unpacks the zip profile and deposits contents of profile in a new user folder, but errors before completing. The error message alludes to not being able to find the AZUREAD domain controller.

Any advice?

Replies:
Posted By: Support
Date Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 2:30am
This will not work. (Microsoft do not provide any way for an application like Transwiz to query Azure AD for the user account SID.)

You will need to sign-in as the Azure AD account to create a new profile, and then use the Transwiz Merge feature to merge the transferred data with the new profile.

Posted By: randys
Date Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 8:37pm
I purchased the pro version of Transwiz and attempted the transfer again. I got the same error and was not presented with a chance to merge profiles.

Do I need to be logged into the profile I want to merge? Or logged in to a different profile? What triggers the merge option?

Thanks for any advice.

Print Page | Close Window