Print Page | Close Window

Migrated user is logged off after login

Printed From: ForensiT
Category: ForensiT Support
Forum Name: Domain Migration
Forum Discription: User Profile Wizard questions, suggestions, comments and bug reports
URL: http://forum.ForensiT.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1790
Printed Date: 07 Jul 2020 at 5:42pm

Topic: Migrated user is logged off after login
Posted By: cranky
Subject: Migrated user is logged off after login
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 7:49pm
I hope to find a solution to this problem. I migrated a domain user to a local user and everything seemed to go OK.

After restarting, when logging into the local account, it is immediately logged off. (ctrl-alt-del > input credentials > Welcome > Logging Off...)

If I start the computer in Safe Mode I can log into the local profile and am not logged off. The profile appears correct (all the domain profile's files and settings are present in the local profile).

Any suggestions for staying logged into the local profile when not using safe mode? Thank you!

edit: Just want to add that this happens even with all services and startup items disabled through msconfig.

Replies:
Posted By: justinwon
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 12:04am
I have the same problem, except that the transfer hung near the end, so I just rebooted the PC, and now I'm signed out immediately when I login to the transferred user account. Please let me know if you resolve this issue.
Thanks,
Justin

Posted By: Support
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 1:28am
Sign-in as another user and run Profwiz.exe again. You can attempt to migrate the profile to the new user account again, or just assign it back to the original user account.

Posted By: justinwon
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 1:56am
It gets stuck at "Setting Profile ACL..."
I don't know what you mean by "assign it back to the original user account"
Justin

Posted By: Support
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 2:12am
What version of User Profile Wizard are you using?

When you run Profwiz.exe you are migrating the profile from one user account, say User A, to another account, say user B. You have the option to migrate the profile back to User A.

Print Page | Close Window