ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1st Migration to Azure AD/Entra ID

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe.FIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1st Migration to Azure AD/Entra ID
    Posted: 20 Dec 2023 at 12:46pm

I have about 1-3 computers I’d like to migrate from on-prem domain to Entra ID.

I ran a test migration on myself initially, but had some difficulty.

Do I need to join the Entra ID domain 1st, then use the free edition to migrate the old on-prem domain profile to the new Entra ID profile?

I don’t need any advanced scripting or additional items I read about in the Professional edition (I think).

I'm simply looking for the easiest method to copy On-Prem AD profile to a new Entra ID user account. I don’t think the free edition logs you into the Entra ID account to create the profile.

-Joe

Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2023 at 3:01pm
Hi,

You can join the computer to Azure before or after you migrate the profile, you should not log into the new account before you migrate the profile to it.

We'd need to see the migration log to be able to advise on what the issue is. 

Many thanks,

Support.
Michael_M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2024 at 11:26am
Hi,

we want to transfer local profiles to azure ad.
We used the script for generating the xml file. Afterwards we start the profile wizard and select a local user. On second screen we fill out azure AD Domain name and account name.
The wizard runs without failure and the system rebooted.
After login with the Azure AD account we have a blank desktop and a new profile folder is created.

What could we have done wrong?
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2024 at 2:05pm
Hi, 

If Windows has created a new / blank profile, it sounds like the profile wasn't migrated to the account that you logged on with, it was migrated to a different account.

To be able to see what the issue is, if you send us the migration log, your xml file and what whoami /user reports when you log on with the new account, we'll be able to help. Please can you mail us at support with the additional information.

Many thanks,

Support. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic