ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Access is Denied. Migration fails.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seansquared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Access is Denied. Migration fails.
    Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 10:29am
I'm running a Windows Server 2008R2 domain with a domain administrator named Administrator. I am trying to migrate a Windows XP SP3 workstation that has a local administrator account named Forensit.

I have used the User Profile Wizard Deployment Kit to make a Profwiz.config file and a migration script. I can use the config file directly on the workstation that I am trying to migrate and it works as expected.

When I instead try to migrate the workstation via Profbat or via command line i.e. "profwiz.exe COMPUTER /computername", I get this:

Connecting to CITSTest02...
Access is denied.

Migration Fails.
Access Denied.

I know the user accounts and passwords in question are all correct because I can log in and out of the server and workstation without any issues. I have a UNC share in the script properly configured and pointed, and I can see it from the workstation.

I'm evaluating the User Profile Deployment Kit for use as a partner/reseller, and it's very important that this tool be straightforward and rapidly/repeatedly deployable at existing and new client sites. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
seansquared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seansquared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 11:59am
http://forum.forensit.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=179

Disabling "simple file sharing" solved the problem. Yikes, that will be fun to deal with! ;)

Edited by seansquared - 16 Jun 2011 at 11:59am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic