ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Desktop Management
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Cannot Start User Profile Wizard Migration Service
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cannot Start User Profile Wizard Migration Service

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdborris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cannot Start User Profile Wizard Migration Service
    Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 6:18pm
After running the Profwiz.msi, ProfWiz.exe is created.  When you execute the ProfWiz you click Next and you immediately get the error cannot start user profile Wizard Migration Service.   The Service does not exist in services.

On article I read said to leave error on the screen and look for the service in C:\ProgramData and the n some other steps.    i don't see the file for the service there.   It appear to be a bad installer?

I am local admin and the program prompts for elevation  when you run it, so it should have admin rights.
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 9:27am
If the User Profile Wizard Migration Service cannot be started, the most likely explanation is that it is being blocked by your Anti-Virus, or other security software.

There is a known issue with the "Warsaw" security program which blocks the Service from running from C:\ProgramData. Corporate and Professional Edition customers can change the location of the Service using the <ServicePath> setting in Profwiz.config.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic