ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Domain migration - user profile not migrated

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackyqxl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Domain migration - user profile not migrated
    Posted: 15 May 2015 at 6:12pm
I tried to use script to migrate computers from olddomain to newdomain,
I choose only migrate "logged on users", same account has been created in new domain, and in VPN options, I choose prompt password.

1.copy exe file and config file to local computer
2.log on to computer with olddomain\jdoe
3.run exe file
3.computer being joined into new domain sucessfully but no prompt for password
4.after restart machine, the machine has already been joined to newdomain, but the profile is still olddomain\jdoe.
5.I also tried use usermapping file, but got same result.

usermapping file:
     jdoe,jdoe

what did I do wrong?
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2015 at 4:05am
When you choose to migrate the logged on user in the Deployment Kit, the Deployment Kit generates a script that passes the logged-on user account name to Profwiz.exe.

You have run Profwiz.exe directly instead of via the generated script, so no user name has been passed to Profwiz.exe to migrate. Because you haven't told User Profile Wizard to migrate any profile, it has just joined the machine to the domain.

jackyqxl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackyqxl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2015 at 9:03pm
oh.
1.the script file you mean is the .vbs file, right?
2.I should run the .vbs file instead of .exe, right?

Will try it tomorrow, tkx.
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 1:51am
Yes, that's correct.
Arunkumar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arunkumar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 1:47am
Getting FQDN for user XXXX.. Fails. How to solve the issue??
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 7:07am
The error occurs because the attributes on the user account object in AD cannot be read. This is usually down to a name resolution problem, either with the configuration of the workstation or the network.

You can test connectivity to the new domain DC by running the Microsoft dcdiag tool. (This is installed with the Remote Server Administration Tools if you turn on the Active Directory Domain Services Tools feature.) 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic