ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Finding Domain Controller Fails Not RPC?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhookmw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finding Domain Controller Fails Not RPC?
    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 4:41pm
Hello, we're trying to migrate from domain A to domain B on machines running Windows 7 or 10. I can manually join a domain A computer to domain B through the Windows system control panel no problem, but when running profwiz we get the error "Finding Domain Controller for domain B.. Fails". nothing about RPC like is mentioned in the documentation on page 103. We've tried setting the profwiz config to LDAP and that didn't change anything. we also tried to manually specify the domain controller for domain B using the <dc> setting with no luck. Domain A is not running a WINS server and we can resolve the domain B controller with nslookup. Domain B is a flat name. no .com or .local and we're setting an account to join domain B in the config as B\user

I've been looking over the documentation and I don't think we missed anything there, but has anyone else run into this or maybe have any ideas to try?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic