ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Profwiz encountered a problem and must close

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Profwiz encountered a problem and must close
    Posted: 12 May 2008 at 11:06am
Everytime I have run Profwiz, right after the message "Binding to AD....Done" I get a "Profwiz has encountered a problem and must close" message.  I have tried this on two different machines just to make sure and it is always the same.  I am running from a USB flash card, if that makes a difference.
Thanks,
Bill...
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2008 at 11:29am
What version of User Profile Wizard are you using?
billp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2008 at 4:26pm
Version 2.5 - build 1104
Trying to use it on a Windows XP Pro SP2 computer on a Server 2000 network.
I downloaded the software just the other day (again) to make sure there was not a glitch in the download or something like that.
Thanks,
Bill...
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2008 at 4:01am
Hi Bill,

I'm sorry that you've had a problem. It is very rare for User Profile Wizard to crash under any circumstances, and we take these reports very seriously. Unfortunately, to get to the bottom of this we are going to need some detailed information from you: we are going to need to know exactly what you are entering in each of the text boxes of the Wizard. Are these machines already joined to the domain?

If you would rather not post this information here, please email support@ForensiT.com

Many Thanks.
billp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2008 at 11:30am
Yes, they are already joined.  We were moving from one domain to another.

I will send you details by email.
Thanks,
Bill...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic