ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows Server 2012 weirdness

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mapwiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows Server 2012 weirdness
    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 at 11:52am
I've been using ForensIT's profile migration wizard version 3.19 as as the user profile migration part of a migration from one domain into another. For Windows 7 and Windows 10 computers, it's run very smoothly. Migrate the local profile, then migrate the computer in ADMT, and users can log in to their new computers with their accounts in the new domain.

Once all the user workstations were migrated, it was then time to migrate servers. All of the servers run Windows Server 2012 R2.    I follow the same procedure, but when I log in to a migrated profile, the program upwpm2 crashes with a "System.UnauthorizedAccess" error.   The login then proceeds normally with the migrated profile.

I notice that the Profile Migration Wizard never reboots after a migration on Server 2012 the way it does on Windows 7 and 10.

All of the profiles on the servers I've migrated so far are throwaway ones, which I can delete and refresh from default by logging in again, but there will be a few local profiles on servers that need to be saved.   

What's causing this? Is there something special I should be doing?

Edited by mapwiz - 31 Aug 2020 at 11:54am
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2020 at 12:17pm
Please contact support@ForensiT.com

Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic