ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Migration to Azure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KalleH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Migration to Azure
    Posted: 14 May 2021 at 10:11am
Hi.

I am a bit new to User Profile Wizard and are going to migrate a couple of computers to Azure AD. Some of them are connected to a companys Windows Server AD and some of them are local users. Its just a few computers so I plan to use the free version this first time.

Have a couple of questions though:
Do I need to connect the computer to Azure AD before converting profiles?
Do I need to login with the user in Azure AD before I convert user profile to the new one?
How to do with profiles connected to Window Server AD? I tried to convert a local user first logging in to Azure AD and that did not work. After I had logged in once to Azure AD i successfully could convert a profile to that user. I can´t connect a computer to a Windows AD and Azure AD at the same time so  how do I do with those profiles? Can I disconnect from Windows Srv AD and THEN connect to Azure AD and convert the profile that originally was connected to the user in Windows AD?

Thanks in advance!

/Kalle
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 12:45pm
Hi Kelle,

Do I need to connect the computer to Azure AD before converting profiles?  No.

Do I need to login with the user in Azure AD before I convert user profile to the new one? No.

You can migrate a profile to an Azure AD user account with the machine still joined to the on-premises domain. User Profile Wizard supports this through the use of the the ForensiTAzureID.xml file.

User Profile Wizard can then unjoin the machine from the on-premises domain for you. If you have the Corporate or Professional Edition, you can have the software join the machine to Azure AD for you. To do this, you will need to create a Provisioning Package using Microsoft’s Windows Configuration Designer (WCD). 

For details please see the Migrating to Azure AD chapter of the User Guide.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic